Simulated Patient Consultations
The user logs in on a computer or device.
A realistic virtual standardised patient appears on the screen. They look like a video of a real person.
Using natural language, the user can speak or type their questions to take a patient history. The virtual patient understands the questions and answers them.
The user takes history, makes clinical investigation, conducts a physical examination of the, makes a differential diagnosis, orders tests, and creates a management plan.
Using Google Voice and artificial intelligence from IBM Watson Health, the virtual standardised patient delivers objectivity superior to human role play.
After each simulated patient consultation, there is a debriefing session where the artificial intelligence gives constructive feedback.
MEKSI offers a valid and reliable framework for universities and medical recruiters, to assess competency.
- A clinical simulation designed for medical problem-based learning
- Realistic situational context
- Objective assessment data about the student of medicine
- Aligned to Australian and global clinical guidelines
- Contactless environment
- Standardised and therefore prone to less error than human standardised patients
- Variety of real-life scenarios
- Instant comprehensive feedback
- Non-judgemental environment